Have you ever learned a new language? Maybe at school? Maybe living in a different country for a while?
Growing up I lived in Germany for eight years and went to German schools. The German language became a necessity. Not just to survive but to enjoy and benefit from my time there. Was it easy? No. Tears, frustration, hard work, and perseverance all became part of the process. Did it get easier as time went on? Yes. Was it worth it? Yes, yes, yes!
Recently, I’ve been thinking of a different language we need to learn. If we believe we are here to make a difference, if we are going to live in God’s power and see his Kingdom come, then we are going to need to learn our Father’s language.
“Wise words satisfy like a good meal; the right words bring satisfaction. The tongue can bring death or life.” Proverbs 18:20-21
When the Father spoke he brought, Order to Chaos. Life to Death. Light to Darkness. Joy to Sadness. Hope to Despair. Peace to Turmoil.
In other words: The Father’s language changed the atmosphere. If we want to, we can be part of changing the atmosphere around us by speaking out the words of our Father. We can bring order, life, light, joy, peace, and hope to the places we go. What an awesome privilege.
Proverbs says: The words of the godly
- are a life-giving fountain
- are like sterling silver
- encourage many
- save lives
- bring many benefits
- bring healing
- are a tree of life
- are like honey – sweet to the soul and healthy for the body
The Bible says that we are representatives of the Father. We are his ambassadors while walking this earth. What better way to represent him than to learn his language.
Will it always be easy? No. Will your feelings tell you something else? Yes, sometimes. Will it be worth it? Absolutely. Watching the atmosphere change around you because you are speaking your Father’s language will bring blessing, joy and freedom to your own life and the lives of others. You will begin to see his Kingdom come in the here and now.
- don’t say “I can’t”. The Bible says that “you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength” (Philippians 4:13)
- don’t be controlled by fear. Perfect love casts out fear. The Bible says, you don’t have a spirit of fear but one of power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)
- don’t allow the evil one to control your life. The Bible says greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4)
- don’t lack wisdom. The Bible says you can have wisdom, if you just ask (James 1:5)
- don’t worry. The Bible says cast all your anxiety on Christ because he cares for you (1 Peter 5:7)
- don’t feel condemned. The Bible says you are in Christ and you are not condemned (Romans 8:1)
- don’t let weakness control your life. The Bible says that the Lord is your strength. His power is made perfect in your weakness (2 Corinthians 4:7)
- don’t feel alone. The Bible says that Jesus is with you and he will never leave you or forsake you. (Matthew 28:20; Hebrews 13:5)
- don’t feel worthless. The Bible says that Jesus became sin on your behalf so that you might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- don’t feel useless. Since God is for you who can be against you (Romans 8:31)
- don’t see yourself as a failure. The Bible says you are a conqueror in all things through Christ (1 Corinthians 14:33; 1 Corinthians 2:12)
- don’t let the pressures of this life render you powerless. The Bible says that you can be full of courage because Jesus has overcome the world and all its troubles (John 16:33)
Enjoy learning the Father’s language and speaking life into this world!